- Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is The Taxable Value Of Your Property?
- Why Did I Receive A Value Notice?
- Why Didn't I Receive A Value Notice
- Is This a Tax Bill?
- Why Did My Values Change?
- What If I Do Not Agree With The Appraisal?
- What Should I Do With The Notice?
- How Can I Get Specific Data On Both My Home And Real Commercial Parcels?
- What Is The Partial Abatement?
- Why did my tax bill increase when my assessed value decreased or did not change?
- Who Is Eligible For The 3% Tax Cap?
- What Is Capped Under The Partial Abatement Statutes?
- What Does Primary Residence Mean?
- How Does The Tax Cap Affect My Exemption?
- Why Did My Bill Go Up By More Than The Prescribed Cap From Last Year's Bill?
- Will My Tax Bill Increase By The Amount Of The Corresponding Cap?
- What If I Rent Out A Room In My Primary Residence?
- What If I Rent Out My Guesthouse Or Casita?
- Is The Land My Manufactured Home Sits On Eligible For The 3% Cap On Taxes?
- If my home is under construction and I am living on the land in a mobile home, can the property qualify as my primary residence (3% "Tax Cap")
- How Do I Qualify For A 3% Tax Cap For Rental Property?
- What If I Run A Business In My Primary Residence? Does My Property Still Qualify For The 3% Tax Cap
- What If My Primary Residence Is On The Same Parcel As My Business?
- What If I Sell My Home Or Purchase A New Home?
- I Received The 3% Tax Cap, Why Did My Assessed Value Go Up By More Than 3%?
- Can I Apply For Or Change My Cap Over The Phone?
- Do I Have To Give You This Information?
- Do All Owners Of A Given Property Have To Sign The Letter?
- I Have Multiple Properties Owned By A Trust That A Trust Beneficiary Live In. Will The 3% Tax Cap Apply To These Properties?
- Is My Tax Rate Capped?
- Is My Taxable Value Capped?
- I Rented My House On July 1st For More Than HUD Median Market Rents, But Now In November Of The Same Year, It Is My Primary Residence. Can I Receive The 3% Cap For The Remainder Of The Fiscal Year?
- I Own A Motel That Rents Weekly For Less Than HUD Median Market Rent For The Month. Do I Qualify For The 3% Cap?
- I Own Many Homes, But Only One Home In Nevada. Do I Qualify For The 3% Cap?
- I Own Many Homes Throughout Nevada, Each Of Which Is Used Only By Me. Can They All Qualify For The 3% Cap?
- You Denied My Request For The 3% (Or Higher) Tax Cap, How Do I Appeal Your Decision?
- I disagree with the decision on my appeal. What is my next step?
- I received tax cap forms for my rental properties, but I didn't receive one for my primary residence. Should I have received one?
- How Do I Apply For Tax Exemption For Non-Profit Or Religious Organizations, Low-Income Housing And Charter Schools?
- Does The State Of Nevada Offer Any Types Of Tax Assistance Or Exemptions To Individual Taxpayers?
- When Should I Apply For An Exemption?
- Who Is Eligible For A Surviving Spouse And How Do I Make Application?
- Who Is Considered To Be Qualified For The "Blind" Exemption?
- What Are The Requirements For A "Veteran's" Exemption
- What Qualifies A Veteran For The "Disabled Veteran" Exemption?
- Where Is The Business Personal Property Page?
- What Is Personal Property Tax?
- What Do I Report?
- Do I Report Depreciation?
- Do I Include Sales Tax?
- How Is My Personal Property Valued?
- How Much Is The Tax?
- What Is The Difference Between Sales Tax And Personal Property Tax?
- Who Has To Report?
- When Do I Report?
- What If My Office Is In My Home?
- What If I Have Used Equipment?
- What If I Use Someone Else's Equipment?
- What If An Item Has No Acquisition Cost? (Home Built, Donated, Borrowed, Etc.)
- Which Building Improvements Do I Report?
- What If I Have No Personal Property?
- What Happens If I Do Not File A Declaration?
- When Do I Pay?
- What If I Disagree With My Assessment?
- Do I Need To Notify The Assessor's Office If I Change My Address Or If I'm No Longer In Business?
- What Is The Function Of The Assessor`s Office?
- Who Sets The Tax Rate?
- How Are Taxes Collected?
- What Causes Your Taxes To Change?
- How Often Can Your Assessed Value Change?
- What If Something Happens To Your Property?
- What If You Disagree With Your Assessed Value?
- What should I do if my mailing address has changed?
- Can I call someone at the Assessor's Office to come out and survey my property or help me locate my property corners?
- Can someone at the Assessor's Office tell me what my property rights are?
- I don't know if my property has an access easement. Can someone at the Assessor's Office help me find out?
- My neighbor keeps driving across my property without my permission. Can someone at the Assessor's Office help me prove to him that he has no right to do this?
- My neighbor built his fence on my property and now he won't move it. Can you write him a letter telling him he has to move the fence?
- I need to get a copy of a plot plan for my property. Does your office have this information?
- I need to find out what the setback requirements are on my property.
- I need to get an elevation certificate for my property.
- Can you tell me if my property is within a FEMA floodplain?
- I Rent My Property Occasionally for about 400 Per Day for a week or so. Does it qualify as Primary Residence since I only made 3300 last year?
- Online Data
- Tax Cap/Abatement
- Exemption Selection Card
- File Online
- Business Personal Property
- Mobile and Manufactured Homes
- Real Property
- Important Dates
- Taxpayer's Bill of Rights
- Contact Us
- Mailing Address Change Form
- Homestead Information
- Assessor Home
- Real Property