Getting Started

Please first determine if your property is indeed located within unincorporated Washoe County. Your property may also be within the "sphere of influence" of the Cities of Reno or Sparks. The location of the property will determine which agency you will need to visit for permitting. Visit the WASHOE REGIONAL MAPPING SYSTEM to determine your property jurisdiction. 
Click link below for instructions:


Once you have determined that your property is in Unincorporated Washoe County, the next step is to determine if your proposed project is allowed and what is needed to proceed. Our Project Information Sheet was designed to help guide you through our process, while providing you with the best county experts to assist you. 




Additional Information