What If You Disagree With Your Assessed Value?

When the real property tax roll is completed each November, value change notices are sent to all taxpayers. If you have a question, you may call the Assessor`s Office or come in and talk to an appraiser. If we are unable to resolve your concern you may appeal to the  County Board of Equalization . If you are still not satisfied, you may appeal to the State Board of Equalization, and, thereafter, through the Court System. Any of theses bodies may adjust your assessed value. Appeals to the County Board of Equalization must be filed at the Assessor`s Office no later than January 15th.

Personal Property is billed at various times during the year.  If, in your opinion, the assessed value of your personal property shown on your bill is incorrect please feel free to contact the Assessor`s Office. If, after discussing the matter, a difference of opinion still exists, you may appeal your assessment to the County or State Board of Equalization. You may obtain the forms from the Assessor`s Office.