Register to Vote
Registering to Vote - three quick and easy options:
- Online: The easiest way to register to vote is online. If you have a Nevada Driver's License, Nevada ID, or Tribal ID, you can complete the voter registration application at the Nevada Secretary of State's secure website at RegisterToVote.NV.gov.
- In-person: You can register in person at any Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), post office, public library, or other state agency. You can also register in person at the Registrar of Voters office located at 1001 E 9th Street, Building A, Room 135, Reno NV 89512.
- By Mail: You can request a form be mailed out to you by calling the Registrar of Voters office at 775.328.3670.
Note: If you don't have a Nevada Driver's License or state-issued identification card, visit HERE to register to vote. Or, you can use the National Mail Voter Registration Form (Federal Form):
Same Day Registration (SDR):
With "Same Day Registration" you may register to vote or update your current voter registration in-person at any Early Voting or Election Day polling location during a current election.
If choosing to register in person, all new registrants must provide a current and valid Nevada Driver's License, Nevada Identification card or Tribal Identification card and proof of residency (if different than the address on your identification).
You will need to register or update your information 30 days before election day. After that date you can only register or update your registration online or in-person at a Vote Center. If a new voter registration is submitted online 14 days or less before Election Day, the voter will need to vote in-person and will be required to provide a current and valid Nevada Driver's License, Nevada Identification card or Tribal Identification card at the vote center in order to vote.
Deadline to Submit a Standard Voter Registration Application:
Mail: If you register by mail or with an outside agency - the 4th Tuesday prior to the Election Day.
- Applications must be mailed to the Registrar's Office, 1001 E 9th St, Bldg A, Reno 89512 and be postmarked no later than the 4th Tuesday prior to Election Day.
- At the DMV - Your application must be received by the DMV by the 4th Tuesday prior to Election Day
In Person: If you prefer to register in person, you must appear in person at 1001 E 9th St, Bldg A, Reno 89512 by the 4th Tuesday prior to Election Day.
Online: You may register online through NOVA through the Thursday before early voting begins.
Qualifications to register to vote in Nevada
- Be a United States citizen (NRS 293.485);
- Have attained the age of 18 by Election Day (NRS 293.485, NV Const. Art. 2 Sec. 1);
- Be 17 years of age in order to preregister (NRS 293.4855);
- Have continuously resided in Nevada and in Washoe County for 30 days, and in the precinct 10 days prior to the next election (NRS 293.485);
- Provide proof of identity and residency, such as a current and valid Nevada Driver’s license or Nevada Identification card or other official document (NAC 293.395); and
- Not be laboring under any loss of civil rights that would make it unlawful to vote (such as guardianship).