What If I Do Not Agree With The Appraisal?

If we are unable to resolve your concerns you can appeal to the County Board of Equalization for a review of  your property's  taxable value.  The appeal forms may be obtained by contacting our office or the Nevada Department of Taxation. Your appeal must be filed by January 15th.

Please note:  the burden of proof is on the taxpayer to show that the valuation is in error or that the taxable value exceeds full cash value (market value).

Also note:   the role of the Assessor is property valuations, not property taxes, or property tax rates.  Questions concerning your taxes should be directed to your County Commissioner or locally elected state representative.

The appeal form and additional information can be found on our website on our Assessment Notice/Appeal Information page.