Assessor's Office

Links to Forms


Information regarding your assessment notice and how to appeal the assessment can be found at  A link to the form used to appeal to the County Board of Equalization can be found below.

County Board of Equalization Appeal Form

County Board of Equalization Agent Authorization Form.

Washoe County Board of Equalization request for withdrawal.

If you need to appeal  your values to the State Board of Equalization you can find the appropriate form on the State of Nevada Department of Taxation, Division of Local Government Services website at


To file your first Partial Tax Abatement Claim for this fiscal year, please complete the Abatement Claim Form. 

Abatement Claim Form

If you have already filed your Partial Tax Abatement Claim form form this fiscal year and you would like to correct information provided in that form, or if you do not agree with the tax cap applied to your property based on the claim for submitted, please file the abatement appeal form by June 30 of the current fiscal year.

Abatement Appeal Form


Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) allow exemptions for certain individuals.  For additional information on who qualifies please visit our Exemption Frequently Asked Questions page.  Below you will find links to the forms required to apply for the exemptions.  The forms must be either signed in the Assessor's office or the signature must be notarized.  Each form lists the documents that must either be presented in the Assessor's office or mailed with the notarized application.

Veteran Exemption Application per NRS 361.090
60-100% Disabled Veteran Exemption Application per NRS 361.091
Surviving Spouse Exemption Application per NRS 361.080
Surviving Spouse of a 60-100% Disabled Veteran Application per NRS 361.080 and 361.091
Blind Persons Exemption Application per NRS 361.085

Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »
Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »