Land Development Services (Engineering)
The Washoe County CSD Engineering, Capital Projects, & Utility Division performs land development review for compliance with the Washoe County Development Code. Many of the forms provided below can be filled out electronically and printed for submission.
Please visit the Engineering Standard Details page for PDF and AutoCAD (DWG) files for design, materials, and construction methods related to streets, drainage, utilities, sewer and reclaimed water facilities, fire hydrants, and other areas of public works construction. Separate web pages are dedicated to:
Final Subdivision Map Forms
- Final Subdivision Map Submittal Form (PDF)
- Development Services Application (PDF) updated 3/31/2017
- Subdivision Improvement Agreement (PDF) updated 4/19/2023
- Irrevocable Offer of Dedication (PDF)
- Public Works Bond Estimate (Excel file XLSX or download PDF) updated 1/5/2023
- Materials Testing and Inspection Requirements (PDF) updated 3/2019
- Sanitary Sewer and Storm Drain Inspection Requirements (PDF) updated 12/2019
Easement Forms are currently under review.
Financial Assurance Forms
For a Financial Assurance Submittal Form click HERE
The forms in this section were last updated 7/10/2018.
- Subdivision - Faithful Performance Bond (PDF)
- Subdivision - Irrevocable Letter of Credit (PDF)
- Subdivision - Renewing Time Certificate of Deposit (PDF)
- Subdivision - Savings Account or Money Market Account (PDF)
- Special Use Permit - Irrevocable Letter of Credit (PDF)
- Grading/Paving - Faithful Performance Bond (PDF)
- Grading - Irrevocable Letter of Credit (PDF)
- Grading - Renewing Time Certificate of Deposit (PDF)
- Grading - Savings Account or Money Market Account (PDF)
Projects with Flood Control and Drainage Systems
The Truckee Meadows Stormwater Quality Management Program, a joint effort between Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County, has a wealth of information including Design Manuals, Structural Controls Guidance Manuals, Truckee River Watershed Map tools, the Truckee River Info Gateway (TRIG), and a Watershed MapServer.
The 2009 Truckee Meadows Regional Drainage Manual and Errata is used by City of Reno, City of Sparks, and Washoe County to ensure consistency in analysis, planning, and design of projects with flood control and drainage components.
- Structural Controls and Low Impact Development Manual (PDF)
- Industrial and Commercial Storm Water Best Management Practices Handbook (PDF)
- Construction Best Managements Practices Handbook (PDF)
Stormwater & Drainage Easement Forms
- Construction Stormwater Checklist (PDF)
- Temporary Blanket Drainage Easement (PDF)
- Permanent Owner-Maintained Drainage Easement (PDF)
Development in Special Flood Hazard Areas
The Division also reviews all new development located in special flood hazard areas (Flood Zones). All development in the flood zones are controlled by Washoe County's Flood Regulations (Ordinance No. 416), and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) regulations. Flood Insurance Rate Maps are the official community maps on which FEMA has delineated both the special hazard areas and the risk premium zones applicable to a community. The CSD Engineering & Capital Projects Division is the repository for the Flood Insurance Rate Maps for Washoe County; these maps can be viewed online or reviewed in our office.
The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) webpage provides information on the program to a variety of audiences including surveyors.
- The NFIP Elevation Certificate is an administrative tool used to provide elevation information necessary to ensure compliance with community floodplain management ordinances, to determine the proper insurance premium rate, or support a request for a Letter of Map Amendment.