Sewer and Reclaimed Water Utility
Washoe County Development Services Engineering Team is responsible for reviewing and approving new sewer and/or reclaimed water service to ensure the integrity of public infrastructure and public safety. Washoe County provides services for unincorporated Washoe County and portions of the City of Reno and City of Sparks.
Sewer and Reclaimed Water Services: Development Land Services (Utility Engineering)
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (775) 328-2040
Establishing new service is efficiently completed by submitting an application, early in permitting process at the same time as building permits for new development, improvements to a current property (tenant improvements) or the creation of a new subdivision or commercial facility.
Applications and Information
Applications and instructions for new sewer services for new construction and improvements. Applications include instructions and additional details.
- Sewer Utility Tap Permit Application 10/01/2022
- Tenant Improvement Application updated 10/01/2022
- Reclaimed Water Utility Tap Permit Application 10/01/2022
Standards, Guidelines and Regulations
- Sewer rates and charges are described in Ordinance No. 1615
- Washoe County reclaimed water rates and charges are adopted in Ordinance No. 1535.
- Septic to Sewer Conversion Workflow
- Design standards for sewer facilities (PDF) updated 3/31/2017
- Waste Water Lift Station Standards (PDF) updated 2/2021
- General notes on dedicated and private reclaimed water connections (PDF)