Technical Map Checks: Status and Fees
To check the status of a technical map check in progress, please send an email to email@example.com with "Technical Map Check Status Request" in the subject line.
Please visit the Washoe County Recorder's website to search for recorded maps. Additionally, you can use the links in the navigation bar if you know the map number. If you are having trouble finding a map, please contact Washoe County CSD Engineering & Capital Projects Division at (775) 328-2040.
Fees associated with Technical Map checks are per Interlocal Agreement between City of Reno, City of Sparks, and Washoe County per Document No. 2233806 recorded on July 22, 1998.
Effective October 31, 2016, the Regional Technology Fee (RTF), approved on June 28, 2016 by The Washoe County Board of County Commissioners, goes into effect. This fee is an additional 4%. The additional amount should not be rounded, but to the penny. For your convenience, we can now accept a check, Master Card, Visa or Discover Card, or exact cash. Submittals will not be accepted without exact fees.
For more information regarding the RTF, please see Information about the new Regional Technology Fee
** Reversion to Acreage Maps:
Also effective October 31, 2016, Reversion to Acreage maps are now submitted directly to the Survey Department. A paper application is no longer required for technical review of these maps. Currently, only an editable digital (cad) version of the map and 4 paper copies are required. This applies to properties within unincorporated Washoe County only. Contact the cities of Reno or Sparks for any questions regarding requirements within those jurisdictions.
- $378 per subdivision plus $26 per lot (including common area).
- Private streets are considered a parcel and included in the lot count. Dedicated streets should not be included in the lot count.
- Roadways being offered for dedication are not considered a parcel and are not included in the lot count.
- Example: 150 lots, 4 common areas, 2 parcels and 1 private street: 26 X ((150 + 4 + 2+1) + 378 = (26 X 157) + 378 = $4460.
- * +4% RTF (varies according to map.)
- Revisions: if a subdivision is resubmitted with revisions other than those requested by the governing jurisdiction (Reno, Sparks, Washoe County), a fee of $378 plus $53 per lot changed will be assessed, and a new digital file and paper copy reflecting those changes will be required. The fee is not to exceed the original technical map check fee.
- * +4% RTF (varies according to map.)
Condominiums (added 6/5/2017):
- $378 per condo subdivision plus $26 per unit (including common area.)
- * +4% RTF (varies according to map)
- Private streets are considered a parcel and included in the lot count.
- Roadways offered for dedication and limited common areas are not to be included in the lot count.
All other maps:
- $299 for Parcel Maps, Land Maps, Records of Survey (Boundary Line Adjustments), ** Reversion to Acreage (Parcel and Subdivision Reversion maps), Dedications, and Amended Maps.
- * +4% RTF (4% of $299 = $11.96)
- $70 for a Certificate of Amendment, which must be submitted to the Engineering Department.
Once submitted for review:
- Revisions to maps requested by the governing jurisdiction (Reno, Sparks, Washoe County) will require a new digital file and paper copy of the map showing those changes be submitted.
- Revisions requested by a surveyor’s client will require a new digital file and paper copy reflecting those changes be submitted, and a new technical map check fee will be assessed.
- If a map has been submitted on permanent media (mylar) for recordation and, after final review, requires that a sheet or sheets be corrected and replaced, a new technical map check fee will be assessed. (Note: if the surveyor elects to manually edit the mylar at the counter, this fee will be waived.)
- Revisions to subdivision tract maps: for more information, see "Subdivisions" above.