How do I remove a deceased joint tenant's name from the title of my property?

Typically, you will need to record a new transfer document to remove the deceased joint tenant from the ownership of the property. Sometimes, a type of Affidavit may be used in this situation. A death certificate must be included. If you are unsure of the type of forms you need to record, please seek legal advice for guidance.