- Kalie Work
- Administrative Team
- Office Functions
- Recording Requirements
- Document Search and Copies
- Electronic Recording
- Real Property Transfer Tax
- Marriage Certificates
- Digitally Certified Record Copies
- APN Searching
- Recording Notification Service
- Other Records
- What forms of payment does the Washoe County Recorder accept?
- Can I get help preparing a document in the Recorder's Office?
- Does the Recorder's Office provide blank forms for the public to use?
- Does the Recorder's Office keep original documents?
- Does the Recorder's Office have a notary public available?
- How do I search & order recorded documents?
- What can I do if the image of my document does not display?
- What are the Washoe County Recorder's Office business hours and contact information?
- Does the Recorder's Office have copies of birth and death records?
- Does the Recorder's Office have copies of divorce records for Washoe County?
- Can I record my will with the Recorder's Office?
- Can I record a copy of a document?
- How do I record online?
- Are there fees to record online?
- Does the Recorder's Office report recorded documents to the credit bureaus?
- What does it cost to record a document?
- How long does it take for me to receive my requested document copy?
- Is expedited shipping a document copy an option?
- How do I get a copy of my marriage license or license application?
- Has my Marriage Certificate been recorded?
- Can I come to the Recorder's Office and immediately receive a copy of my Marriage Certificate?
- What is the process for correcting typographical errors on a Marriage Certificate?
- How do I get a copy of my marriage certificate?
- What is the difference between a marriage license and certificate?
- Will a copy of my marriage certificate be automatically mailed to me after it’s recorded?
- Real Property
- How do I add someone to the title of my property?
- How do I remove a deceased joint tenant's name from the title of my property?
- Does the Washoe County Recorder's Office provide Homestead forms?
- Does the Recorder's Office provide searching services?
- What if a lien is still listed on my credit report after it's been paid?
- How is a lien removed?
- When a Deed of Trust/Mortgage is paid off, who records the release document and returns it to the property owner?
- What is a title search and how do I get one?
- How do I find out who owns a property?
- I just paid off my house. How do I get my deed?
- Recording Notification Service
- What is the Recording Notification Service?
- Is there a fee to subscribe to the Recording Notification Service?
- How does the Recording Notification Service work?
- My last name is very common; will I receive notification alerts that could possibly belong to someone else?
- How long does my name or parcel stay on the Recording Notification Service notification list?
- How do I sign up, modify my subscription, or unsubscribe to this service?
- Is my Recording Notification Service registration subject to public records law?
- What documents will I be notified about through the Recording Notification Service?
- What information is provided in a recording notification alert email?
- I received an alert on my property, how can I obtain a copy?
- What should I do if I think I have been subject to fraud?
- Does this integrate with any online monitoring services (i.e. LifeLock)?
Real Property Transfer Tax
Tax on Transfers of Real Property (NRS 375)
Pursuant to NRS 375, real property transfer tax is collected when an interest in real property is transferred. The rate in Washoe County is $2.05 per $500 of value or fraction thereof, and the tax is collected by the County Recorder at the time of recording.
All documents transferring title must be accompanied by a Declaration of Value form so the tax can be calculated. The basis for the tax is the actual selling price or the estimated fair market value of the property. "Estimated fair market value" is derived from the assessor's taxable value or the prior purchase price, if the prior purchase was within the 5 years immediately preceding the date of valuation, whichever is higher; see NRS 375.010.
There are several reasons for exemption from the tax listed in NRS 375.090. To assist in calculating the tax we have provided a Real Property Transfer Tax Calculator below. If you need assistance or have questions about the tax, please call our Property Transfer Compliance Recorder at (775) 328-3661.
Real Property Transfer Tax Calculator
(This calculator is designed to calculate transfer tax based on the total value/sales price of property with 100% ownership being transferred. If you are transferring less than 100% interest and need assistance with completing the Declaration of Value form please contact our office at 775-328-3661)
NRS 375.250 - Taxpayers' Bill of Rights for Taxes on Transfers of Real Property