Recorder's Office

Recording Notification Service

The Recording Notification Service allows members of the public to receive an email alert whenever a document is recorded at the Washoe County Recorder's Office.

Our Recording Notification Service is a courtesy to inform our citizens of any document recordings that may occur. There is no guarantee that using this service will inform you of all documents recorded that may pertain to your property.

Recording Notification Service Sign-up Page

Notification by Name and/or Parcel Number

Residents may list up to five variations of their name and up to five parcel numbers per registered email address. This service will only notify the subscriber of recording events based on the enrolled name(s) or parcel number(s) following sign-up.

If you receive an alert, a document has been recorded that includes a name or parcel that you are monitoring. The alert will provide you with a document instrument number. Visit our online document search and copy database or click the link in the email to view the document.

Be advised, not all names appearing on a document are indexed by the Recorder's Office. Grantors and Grantees are indexed by our office according to NRS 247.150.

The APN is a requirement on all conveyance documents, liens, easements and mortgage type documents. However, it is not a requirement on all recordings. We recommend monitoring both your name variations and APN(s).

The Washoe County Recorder's Office is unable to provide information regarding the contents of the document you are being notified on. If you suspect you are a victim of document fraud, please contact local law enforcement. Additional inquiries may be sent to


To register or update your subscription, please visit our Recording Notification Service page. The staff of the Recorder's Office cannot view, change, or remove subscriptions to this service.


Registered users may unsubscribe to this service at any time by visiting the Recording Notification Service page.

Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »
Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »