Bowers Mansion Pool
Bowers Mansion Pool is located within Bowers Mansion Regional Park next to the historic Bowers Mansion, and is the only pool managed by Washoe County Regional Parks and Open Space. This distinctive "Z" shaped, 44 meter, heated outdoor pool includes: easy entry ladders, an ADA-compliant ramp and a hydraulic lift.
Thanks to a donation of more than $530,000 from the William N. Pennington Foundation, the main pool was replastered, a new diving board was added, and an ADA-compliant ramp was installed into the pool. The pool was also remodeled to add more area in the shallow section to accommodate children and those learning to swim. In addition, the wading pool was removed to make way for a new splash pad.
2023 Pool Hours (weather permitting):
|Weekends Only||11:30am - 5:30pm|
Monday - Friday
11:30am - 5:30pm
|Saturdays & Sunday||11:30am - 5:30pm|
11:30am - 5:30pm
We always leave a lane available during Recreation Swim for those who wish to swim laps.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT AIR QUALITY CLOSURES: Washoe County Aquatics Facilities (Bowers Mansion Pool, Melia Gaspari Water Play Park, and North Valleys Water Splash Park) will close in the event that the air quality reaches the red zone or above (151+) according to AirNow.gov.
Daily Admission Fees:
Infants (2 & under) - Free
Youth (ages 3-17) - $5
Adults (ages 18+) - $6
Seniors (ages 62+) - $5
- All children ages 6 and under MUST be accompanied by a participating adult.
- Children 14 and under need to have a parent or guardian on the pool deck.
- No refunds due to inclement weather.
- Swimsuits mandatory for all participants.
- No diapers allowed, except specialized swim diapers. Swim diapers are available for purchase and must be worn with a bathing suit.
- Food and drink are allowed in designated areas only. Absolutely NO Glass.
- You are also encouraged to bring a picnic and enjoy the many first-come/first-served picnic tables throughout the park. There are prepackaged concessions available during pool hours only.
Swim lessons are offered weekday mornings in two week sessions (Monday thru Thursday) starting on June 19, July 10, and July 24. "Learn to Swim" are 45 minute sessions for 6 year old and older, and "Tiny Tots" are 30 minutes sessions for 3-5 year olds.
Reservable Party Pavilions:
The Bowers Mansion pool expansion project has been completed thanks to a grant from the William N. Pennington Foundation. We now have two reservable party pavilions.
- Pavilion capacity: 32
- Pavilions are $85 each for 2 1/2 hours plus per person admission fees
- Each pavilion will be reservable from 11:30am-2:00pm or 2:30pm-5:00pm
- To reserve space, please call Park Reservations at (775) 823-6501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Off Season Information: (775) 328-2120
Bowers Mansion Pool: (775) 849-0644
Park Reservations: (775) 823-6501, email@example.com