What happens when I leave County employment?

When you separate employment with Washoe County, you have several options.  You can either leave the funds in the account, accruing interest; you can roll the funds over to another qualified plan; or, you can withdraw the funds in their entirety.  If you choose to withdraw, you will be responsible for the applicable taxes on the earnings.