Organizational Effectiveness Team
Washoe County’s Organizational Effectiveness team is responsible for the oversight of the County’s workforce development and organizational planning, training and employee development, diversity and inclusion, employee culture and engagement, succession planning and performance management programs.
These programs include some of the following initiatives:
- Organizational Development and training
- Leadership development academy for future leaders
- Management Development Program
- New Employee Orientation
- Washoe Stars countywide employee recognition
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Employee Knowledge Series
- Employee engagement through volunteer opportunities
Learning Management System – Bridge
Washoe County utilizes an online learning program, Bridge, to connection employees with training and learning development opportunities.
Washoe County values continuing education for staff development and encourages employees to utilize the following programs through their department budget:
- Industry seminars and conferences
- Tuition reimbursement