I am an active employee that has access to, but I am not utilizing, veteran’s benefits or Tri- Care. Can I enroll in the HSA/HDHP?

Yes, if you are a veteran who has not retired from the military and is not enrolled in Tricare, you can enroll in the HSA/HDHP. The only exception is for veterans with service-related disabilities. The Internal Revenue Code was amended recently to allow veterans receiving VA medical care for service-related disabilities to fund an HSA.