My spouse and I both currently work at Washoe County. Can we both have an HSA/HDHP?

Since you are covered as individual employees by Washoe County, you will have a separate $2,600 annual deductible if both enroll in the HDHP/HSA. It may be more cost effective for one spouse to enroll in the HDHP/HSA with the $2,600 deductible ($3,000 deductible for family coverage) and the other spouse to enroll in the current PPO or HMO plan. Monies from the employee with the HSA account can be used for out-of-pocket medical expenses for family members regardless of whether or not they are on the same health plan.