Virtual Court and Calendaring Policies
Sparks Justice Court Hearing Attendance Policy
The Court is open to all in-person access and the following applies to all court hearings.
- With limited exceptions, all hearings and trials at the Sparks Justice Court will be held in person only.
- Weekday In-Custody Arraignments will be held by remote means. The courtroom will be open for public viewing.
- Weekend and Holiday Bail Hearings will be held remotely. A link will be posted on the website for public viewing.
- Parties or counsel may ask for a Zoom appearance for good cause shown due to extraordinary circumstances at least 72 hours in advance, using the form Motion For Remote Appearance.
- Remote appearance requests for Trials or Preliminary Hearings will be considered pursuant to statute, court rule, and the Nevada Rules for Audio Visual Appearances.
Requirements for an Approved Remote Appearance
- Additional documents to be considered at time of hearing must be provided to the court forty-eight (48) hours prior to the hearing or the court may continue the hearing.
- A Court provided zoom link.
- Your device must have a camera and microphone to participate in these hearings. Please test your device before the hearing date by clicking here.
- Dress appropriately for court
Mandatory Status Conference (MSC) Calendaring Policy pursuant to Administrative Order 2023-06
- MSCs are mandatory appearances unless the appearance is waived by the Court. Defendant's appearance can also be waived by stipulation of both parties.
- MSCs include all criminal matters.
- MSCs will be set within 21 days from Arraignment based on District Court department assignment (Departments 3/4/6 on Tuesdays, Departments 7/8/15 on Wednesdays, and Departments 1/9/10 on Thursdays) and misdemeanor MSCs will be set on Mondays.
- The parties may stipulate to continue the first and second MSC using the Court's continuance form.
The Zoom link to join hearings held on the weekend and holidays is provided below. No registration is required.