If you were cited for a violation that carries one (1) to four (4) demerit against your license, and you qualify with the requirements below, you may be eligible to take traffic school. A $25.00 Traffic School fee will be assessed at the time of the request.
- You have not taken traffic school within the last twelve (12) months
- You were not involved in an accident
- The violation did not occur in a school zone
- You do not have a commercial driver's license (Class A or B)
- Your citation does not require a mandatory appearance whether court required or officer required
If you were cited for Reckless Driving, Aggressive Driving, Careless Driving or Hit and Run, you will need to appear and request traffic school with the judge to see if you are eligible.
If you are unsure how many demerits your cited violation carries, please contact the Citation Department at 775.353.7600 ext. 2.
For a complete list of traffic schools that will be accepted by the Sparks Justice Court, please refer to the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles website at dmvnv.com.