Small Claims - How to Answer

After you have been served with a Small Claim you can appear in court on the scheduled day and time without filing any response or you can answer the accusations made against you by filing an "answer".

If you decide to file an "Answer" you can come to the Court and request an "Answer" form for a Small Claim. There is no filing fee to file an "Answer" but there is a service fee because the "Answer" must be served on the plaintiff.

If you wish to file a claim against the plaintiff (counter-claim) or a claim against a third party (cross-claim) in the case in which you are named as a defendant you must follow the same procedure that a plaintiff must follow for filing a claim.