Electronic Filing Overview
Electronic Filing is Now Available!
Electronically File Anytime, Anywhere
Electronic filing (E-filing) is now available for all Civil & Criminal case types at Reno Justice Court. Register for an account at www.efilenv.com to start filing. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of electronic filing and how to sign-up for training.
Mandatory Electronic FilingReno Justice Court (RJC) requires all Civil & Criminal case filings to be filed electronically. This means you will be able to submit your Civil & Criminal case filings and pay any associated fees from the comfort of your home or office. Online filing, which has a $2.50 fee associated with each transaction, will eliminate the need to visit the courthouse to submit your filings. You can also submit any Civil & Criminal filings in person.
Free training is available online. The training will guide you through establishing and managing an e-filing account. This training also teaches you how to initiate a new case filing and process all subsequent filings. The course is approved by the Nevada Board of Continuing Education for 1 hour general education credit. Please visit our training portal to register for an upcoming training session.
Benefits of eFileNV
eFileNV provides a single, secure Web portal to automatically file documents in real-time, from anywhere - 24-hours a day, seven days a week. eFileNV reduces the cost and manpower needed to print, copy, store, deliver and file legal documents, resulting in increased efficiencies and productivity, and allowing filers more time to focus on other critical tasks. Other benefits include:
- Streamlined filing processes that reduce reliance on paper
- Electronically file multiple filings in one envelope, which saves time and automates the filing process
- Easily access electronically filed copies of approved documents
- 24/7 filing eliminates the need to go to court, stand in line or process paperwork
- Immediately and securely access case information on all mobile devices
- Designed using responsive design and HTML5 for ease of use and improved browser support
- Device screen size is automatically detected and the interface adjusts for optimal viewing