Off-Leash Dog Areas
After a one-year pilot program (Nov. 2021 - Nov. 2022), the Washoe County Open Space and Regional Parks Commission voted to continue to utilize three designated soccer fields (in three different parks) for off-leash dog use during certain non-team use times.
Please note: If rules and hours are NOT respected then these fields will no longer be permitted for "off-leash". If rules and hours ARE followed, more park fields in addition to these may be designated for "off-leash". Please be respectful!
Each field entrance will have a dog waste station, but users are still required to bring their own dog waste bags.
- North Valleys Regional Park
8085 Silver Lake Road, Reno 89506
*80' x 80' fully fenced soccer field at the end of Silver Lake Road
- Lazy 5 Regional Park
7100 Pyramid Way Sparks, 89436
*Unfenced lower park soccer field
- South Valleys Regional Park
15650 Wedge Parkway, Reno 89511
*Partially fenced lower soccer field between the library and playground
November thru February
8:00am - Sunset, everyday
March thru October
8:00am - 1:00pm, Monday thru Friday ONLY
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted.
- You are legally responsible for your dog's behavior and any injuries or damages he/she causes
- By entering the dog off-leash area, you do so at your own risk and agree to abide by all park rules.
- Never leave the off-leash area without your dog(s), leave them unattended, or allow them out of sight. Your dog should be under voice control, meaning they are obedient and respond to your commands.
- You are required by law (WCC Chapter 55) to clean up after your dog and carry a suitable container for dog feces. Remove and dispose of waste in bins provided.
- Always carry a physical leash; leash dog(s) when entering/leaving park
- Female dogs in heat are not permitted in this area.
- All dogs must have current vaccinations and license by law (WC Chapter 55)
- No more than three dogs per handler.
*Please note that dogs must be leashed in all other areas outside of the designated off-leash areas, including playgrounds, reserve-able group picnic areas and other athletic turf fields.
For any animal related issues or concerns, please contact Animal Control Dispatch at (775) 322-3647.
For more information on dog parks in Washoe County, click HERE.