The wedding is to take place within a few days. Is it possible to obtain the Certificate of Authority to Solemnize Marriages in time to perform the wedding?

Local ministers, church or religious officials or notary publics should submit their paperwork at least 3-4 weeks in advance of the wedding to allow time for processing and the required background check. Applicants applying for a Single Ceremony Certificate of Permission to Perform A Marriage should submit their applications 3-4 weeks prior to the wedding in case there are delays for corrections to the paperwork. Unfortunately, if the application is not received timely, there is a chance that your application will not be acted upon prior to your intended ceremony.