How does a minister, church or religious official, or notary public get removed from the database?

Removal of a minister, church or religious official authorized to solemnize marriages is accomplished by an Affidavit of Removal of Authority to Solemnize Marriages which needs to be completed by someone authorized to speak on behalf of the church or religious organization. We will also accept a letter from the minister or other person authorized to solemnize marriages if he or she wishes to voluntarily notify us. 

A notary public authorization will be revoked upon notification from the Secretary of State that the notary public is no longer in good standing and/or upon written notification or request from the notary or a court-appointed personal representative on behalf of the notary public.