How do I get a copy of my marriage license or license application?

To clarify, a marriage license permits a couple to get married while a marriage certificate serves as proof that a marriage has taken place. For a copy of the marriage license or license application, please contact the Washoe County Clerk's Office at 775-784-7287, or visit the clerk's website.

To request a copy of your marriage certificate, please see our marriage certificate information page.