- Labor Relations
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Diversity & Inclusion
- About HR
- Employment Verification
- Online Application
- Interview and Selection
- Benefits - Cobra
- Benefits - Medicare
- Benefits - Deferred Compensation
- Benefits - GAP
- Benefits - Health Saving Account
- Benefits - Life Insurance
- Benefits-Medical Insurance
- Am I required to receive care only from contracted providers?
- Do the Washoe County health plans include prescription drug coverage?
- How can I find out how much it will cost to carry my dependents on my insurance?
- How do I add and/or delete a dependent?
- How do I change health insurance plans?
- How do I find out if my doctor is a provider on my plan?
- How do I find out more information about the Medicare Advantage Plan?
- How much does the County contribute toward premiums for me and my dependents?
- I lost my insurance card. How can I obtain a new one?
- I see preventative and routine medical care is now covered at 100%. What exactly does this include?
- My dependent child just turned 19. Is he/she still covered?
- My spouse/partner has a new job and insurance is being offered. Can I remove them from my insurance?
- My spouse/partner lost his/her job. Can I add them to my insurance?
- What hospitals are associated with each plan?
- What if I do not want to make any changes during Open Enrollment?
- What is the “Open Enrollment” period?
- What is the GAP Plan?
- What is the Medicare Advantage Plan?
- When do my health insurance benefits go into effect?
- Where is the Benefits Office? How do I contact them?
- How do I find out more about the plans offered through the Health Benefits Program?
- Benefits - Retirees
- Boards & Committees
- Civil Rights
How do I add and/or delete a dependent?
You must log onto ESS and submit a Life and Work Event request to add or remove a dependent.
Please see the “Eligibility Quick Reference” on the Human Resources website for more information on adding or deleting dependents: Eligibility Quick Reference
Under the new Health Care Reform Bill, you may cover your child/children up to age 26. They do not have to be a full-time student, living with you, and/or dependent upon your financial support.
If you are adding a domestic partner, you must do so within 31 days of filing the declaration of domestic partnership, or during the annual Open Enrollment period.
You may add your new baby within 31 days of the birth by submitting a Life and Work Event request through ESS and providing a copy of the birth confirmation to Human Resources.