Meals on Wheels
Home Delivered Meals, also known as Meals on Wheels, provides meals to homebound seniors who are at high nutritional risk.
Eligible clients receive up to seven home delivered meals per week:
- One hot meal on delivery day and up to six frozen meals
- Clients may also be assessed for participation in the Second Home Delivered Meal Program. Eligible participants may receive an additional seven meals per week.
- Home Delivered Meals clients receive two shelf-stable meals a year for use in the event of emergency or severe weather.
Eligibility Criteria: Participants must be 60 years of age or older, homebound due to illness, disability or geographic isolation and unable to attend a congregate meal site.
- All HDM clients will be visited by a Washoe County Senior Services program staff to be certified regarding the need for service.
- Program participants are re-certified periodically, as required by the funding agency, to assure program resources are being appropriately allocated.
If you would like to refer a senior to the Home Delivered Meals program, click here for the referral form.
(Please note, the link to this form will not work in Internet Explorer. Please use a current web browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari)
The monthly menu lists the hot meal on the client's scheduled delivery day; the remainder of the meals delivered may or may not be on that week's menu.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at: 775.328.2575