Can I purchase PERS service credits with my 457 or 401(a) dollars?

Yes. Participants in the 457 and the 401(a) plan may elect to have any portion of their account balance transferred to a defined benefit governmental plan (PERS) at any time during their employment. For more information on purchasing “time” contact Voya's local representative Tom Verducci at 775-530-3089 or the Voya Retirement Readiness Service Center at 1-800-584-6001. You will also need to contact NVPERS at 775-687-4200 or visit the PERS website at