Human Resources

Supplemental Policies

 American Fidelity logo   American Fidelity

In addition to administrating Washoe County's Flexible Benefits program, American Fidelity offers County employees several supplemental benefits to ensure comprehensive coverage and protection from some of life's challenges. 
  • Supplemental Life Insurance - American Fidelity's Versatile Term Life insurance is available to employees who wish to purchase life insurance to supplement the coverage provided by the County.
  • Short and Long Term Disability Insurance & Spousal Disability Rider - Disability benefits are payable when you are unable to work due to a covered accident or illness.  This benefit is also available for an employee's spouse.
  • Accident Only Insurance Protection - Individual and family plans are available for this benefit.
  • Cancer Protection Coverage - This benefit offers supplemental limited benefit coverage for Cancer treatment expenses such as outpatient coverage, bone marrow and stem cell transplants, experimental treatment and donor expenses.

Contact Information

Telephone:  775 829-1313

Toll Free:  800 662-1113

Physical Address:  1890 Donald Street, Suite B, Reno, NV 89502

Web Address:

  Western Insurance

Western Insurance Specialties provides Washoe County employees the option of purchasing several supplemental benefits.  

  • Supplemental Life Insurance - Employees may purchase supplemental life insurance for themselves, a spouse, and dependent children from Western Insurance.
  • Accidental Death & Personal Loss Insurance - Employees may also purchase Accidental Death and Personal Loss insurance coverage from Western Insurance, which covers on or off the job incidents.

Contact Information

Telephone:  775 826-2333

Toll-Free: 800 342-0707

Physical Address:  9740 S. McCarran Blvd. Ste. 103, Reno, NV 89523

Web Address:

The benefit information provided is subject to change. If there are any conflicts of benefit descriptions at any time, the plan document for that benefit will prevail.   

Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »
Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »