Street Homeless Outreach
The Northern Nevada street-based outreach community (City of Reno, City of Sparks and Washoe County) is committed to collaborating and providing community members experiencing homelessness a more streamlined approach to services. We empower you to play an active role in achieving this goal.
If you would like to connect someone who is experiencing homelessness with services, follow the steps below. By following these steps, you will be guided to the contact information for the appropriate jurisdiction. You can either contact the jurisdiction directly on behalf of the individual or you can share the jurisdiction contact information with the individual.
1. Identify the jurisdiction
Enter the street address and/or closest street address of the individual
2. Based on the jurisdiction, connect with the street outreach team below:
Teams use a person-centered, compassionate approach to offer services tailored to the specific needs of individuals.
- City of Reno – Clean and Safe Program: The outreach efforts of this team connect unhoused individuals with emergency shelters, meals, employment opportunities, case management, and medical services. To learn more, click here.
- To connect, contact Reno Direct at 775-334-4636 or submit a service request online to report any concerns or issues.
- Homeless Outreach Proactive Engagement (HOPE): The primary objective is to offer services and assist those experiencing homelessness through a boots-on-the-ground approach.
- To connect visit the site here.
- Washoe County Homeless Outreach Proactive Engagement (HOPE) Team: The HOPE team's mission is to identify the needs of community members experiencing homelessness while providing appropriate resources that will have a lasting impact. The team provides outreach with two Housing and Homeless Services case managers.
- To connect, visit the site here.
+Additional Street Outreach Agencies
- Downtown Reno Partnership: The Downtown Reno Partnership deploys Ambassadors throughout the downtown area to help everyone who visits the evolving district. To connect, visit the site here.
- Eddy House: Eddy House serves transition age youth, 18-24 yrs., experiencing homelessness. To connect, visit site here.
- Karma Box Project: The Karma Box team provides outreach to people experiencing homelessness in the community. To connect visit here.
- Reno Initiative for Shelter and Equality (RISE): RISE provides a peer-to-peer engagement outreach team through the City of Reno. To connect, visit here.
If you are interested in additional information on Street Homeless Outreach, please contact Washoe County Housing and Homeless Services at: RegionalHomelessServices@washoecounty.gov