What if I'm not 18?

Effective October 1, 2019 persons under the age of 17 are prohibited from marrying (see AB 139). Nevada residents under the age of 18 and over the age of 17 may obtain a marriage license with parental consent AND a certified copy of a Nevada Court Order.

The fee for filing a Petition for a Minor Marriage with the court is $255.00.

A full packet is required to be completed and filed with the Second Judicial District of the State of Nevada. For your convenience, you may download the forms here:

Alternatively, you may visit the Second Judicial District Court's website for more information below (navigate to "All Other Family Related Packets" and then to "MM Petition for Court Authorization for the Marriage of a Minor"):

For additional information about the process to obtain a court order, you may contact the Second Judicial District Court by phone at (775) 328-3110 or in person at 75 Court Street, Reno, Nevada 89501.

Once a court order authorizing the marriage of a minor has been entered, you must bring a certified copy of the Order to the County Clerk to obtain a marriage license.