How to Respond

Respond to an Eviction Notice

If you feel that the landlord has served you an unlawful detainer notice without cause (i.e., rent is paid, no breach has occurred or has been cured, or any other reason) you may file an Affidavit with the court stating the reasons you are contesting the notice. Filing an Affidavit may result in a hearing before a judge to determine if the eviction will be stayed, granted, or denied. The cost to file an Affidavit of Tenant is $71.

Respond to an Eviction Forms