Joe Saiz, Division Director
Lance Mezger - Program Manager
Candice Roundy - Program Manager
Juvenile Probation Services utilizes Diversion, Informal Supervision, and Formal Court processing to serve the youth and families of our community.
- Informal Supervision Unit (ISU)/Early Intervention: Processes and evaluates youth committing low level misdemeanor offenses. First time offenders are generally seen by this unit.
- Probation Assessment Unit (PAU): Processes and evaluates youth not currently on probation status committing delinquent offenses. Youth committing gross misdemeanors and felonies are usually assessed by this unit.
- Diversion Unit: Oversees youth through the use of informal supervision practices. The primary goal is to divert youth from formal court by utilizing various community based sanctions and services.
- Compliance Units: Comprised of two teams responsible for the supervision of youth and enforcement of court orders. Youth in this unit are on court ordered supervision.
- Gang Unit: Specialized unit providing supervision and services to identified gang members. This unit collaborates with the Regional Gang Unit.
- Sexual Behavior Unit: Specialized unit providing specific assessment and supervision of juvenile sex offense cases.
- CSYC/APYC Unit: Specialized unit responsible for the supervision of youth court ordered to China Springs / Aurora Pines Youth Camps. These Officers, along with the Children's Cabinet, work to provide re-entry services for youth sent to CSYC/AP.
- Behavioral Health Unit: Specialized unit providing assessment and supervision to youth in need of mental health and / or substance abuse services.
Probation Services contact number: 775-325-7801