Applications - Submittal Checklists

Applications & Submittal Checklists

Important: Only a Nevada Licensed contractor may obtain a building permit for any commercial construction or multi-family residential construction per NRS 624.031
If you are a licensed Nevada contractor and want an employee, other than a listed officer of the corporation, to pick-up and sign for a permit on your behalf our Contractor Authorization Form must be completed, signed and returned to our office prior to any permits being released.

Applications  These forms can be filled out online & printed, and are required to be submitted with your plans, or in the case of utility and reroof permits, faxed or e-mailed to us for processing.

If your property/project is on a septic system, you will also need to fill out the Washoe County Health Septic Application.


IMPORTANT UPDATE:   See checklist for Engineering minimum permit submittal requirements for ANY BUILDING PERMIT that could impact drainage or grading.


*Please note that this application has been updated with a Code Update Page.  Please read completely prior to submitting your application

  • If you are unsure as to whether your property is located with the County or within the sphere of influence of either the City of Reno or Sparks, please contact Washoe County Planning Division at 328-6100.

If you have any problems or concerns regarding the Building & Safety web-site, please contact

2013 - Washoe County Department of Building & Safety All rights reserved