Building Enterprise Fund Advisory Committee
Scope of the Building Enterprise Fund is established per:
NRS 354.59893 Advisory committee to review enterprise fund for issuance of building permits, barricade permits and encroachment permits: Establishment; appointment and terms of members; officers; duties and powers.
1. Each local government that creates an enterprise fund pursuant to NRS 354.59891 shall establish an advisory committee to review the operations of, and make recommendations relating to, the enterprise fund.
2. The governing body of the local government or its designee shall appoint at least five members to the committee which:
(a) Must include:
(1) A representative of the residential construction industry;
(2) A representative of the commercial development industry; and
(3) A representative of the construction industry; and
(b) May include:
(1) A public officer or employee of the local government who manages the fiscal affairs of the local government; and
(2) A public officer or employee of the local government who oversees directly the operation of the enterprise fund.
3. Each member of the committee must be appointed for a term of at least 2 years but not to exceed 4 years. The governing body or its designee may renew the term of any member of the committee.
4. The members of the committee shall select a chair from among their membership.
5. The committee may issue opinions and recommendations to the governing body of the local government concerning, without limitation:
(a) The adequacy of the fees that the local government charges for barricade permits, encroachment permits and building permits;
(b) The financial objectives and annual budget of the program for the issuance of barricade permits, encroachment permits and building permits; and
(c) Any other relevant issue related to the operation of the enterprise fund.
6. As used in this section:
(a) “Barricade permit” has the meaning ascribed to it in paragraph (a) of subsection 1 of NRS 354.59891.
(b) “Building permit” has the meaning ascribed to it in paragraph (b) of subsection 1 of NRS 354.59891.
(c) “Encroachment permit” has the meaning ascribed to it in paragraph (g) of subsection 1 of NRS 354.59891.
(Added to NRS by 2005, 575)
The Building Enterprise Fund Advisory Committee (BEFC) meets once a year. The meeting for 2022 is scheduled for March 7, 2022 @ 2:30 pm.
March 7, 2022
Aug. 13, 2019
Additional Meeting Resources:
- July 30, 2018 Draft Minutes - Building Enterprise Fund Advisory Committee.pdf
- Sign-In Sheet 8-13-19.pdf
- Department of Taxation Memo 5-8-15.pdf
- Activity Summary Totals Report - fy19 - Applied.pdf
- Activity Summary Totals Report - fy19 - Issued.pdf
- Building and Safety Fund - Financial Statements.pdf
- Planning and Building Org Chart.pdf
Feb. 1, 2017
July 17, 2014
Oct. 23, 2013
Meeting Minutes Pending
July 9, 2013
Meeting Minutes Pending
Nov. 3, 2010
Jan. 21, 2010