Extended Care Facility

The Human Services Agency provides payment for persons placed in an Extended Care Facility. In order to qualify for assistance individuals must meet all financial and non-financial requirements for their household size and be a Washoe County Resident. Per the Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) 428.010 to 428.110 inclusive, a person’s legal residence is “the county in which he is physically present with the intent to reside, at least for an indefinite period. The NEVADA County of residence of a person placed in institutional care is the county of residence of that person before he was placed in institutional care.”

If an individual accepts County assistance, all of patient’s monthly income is expected to be applied toward the cost of care and paid directly to the facility.

For additional information please contact Teresa Twitchell at 775-328-2754.