Rental & Deposit Assistance Program
The Rental and Deposit Assistance Program provides supplemental funding to qualified individuals and families in Washoe County, who are low-income and having difficulty paying their rent, deposit fees or utlities (current or overdue).
Eligibility is determined by your annual gross income not exceeding low-income guidelines, the number of household members, and whether your rent is at or below fair market value. Qualified applicants must be sustainable moving forward.
CRITERIA/REQUIREMENTS NEEDED WHEN APPLYINGIDENTIFICATION FOR ALL HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS:
- Government issued ID or Driver’s License
- Birth Certificate for minor children
- W-9 (Washoe County form only) completed by property manager/owner.
- Washoe County Vendor application completed by property manager/owner.
- Section 8 Resident Worksheet and Calculation Sheet or Housing award letter (if receiving).
- Current Rental/Lease agreement (can be unsigned to submit application) OR
- Lending agreement/mortgage statement
- Current Pay stubs for the last 30 days (if available) OR
- For new jobs only: Letter from employer that includes all: Start date, hourly wage, number of hours worked per week and if position is temporary or permanent.
- Award letter from Unemployment
- Social Security Award letter
- Proof of other income: ex. Child Support, spousal support, self-employment, etc.
- 60 day transaction printout for all bank accounts
- CURRENT UTILITY BILL *Only needed if requesting Utility assistance.