Chair Alexis Hill (she/her/hers)
Phone: Cell: 775-447-3017
Elected to the Board of County Commissioners in 2020, Chair Alexis Hill represents Washoe County Commission District 1, which includes portions of the northwest and southwest Truckee Meadows extending south along the eastern Sierras to include Incline Village and Crystal Bay at Lake Tahoe.
Born in Sparks, she brings her lifelong passion to build up and enrich her community as a public administrator and nonprofit leader to Washoe County.
Chair Hill worked in public policy and city planning for more than a decade at the cities of Sparks and Reno. She has also dedicated time to the nonprofit sector, working with the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival and Kids & Horses, a nonprofit for special needs children and adults. She holds a bachelor’s degree in political science from Texas A&M and a graduate degree in public administration and policy from the University of Nevada, Reno.
With a strong belief that government should make our lives better, Chair Hill is passionate about conservation and smart growth policies; fighting climate change on a local level; government accountability, transparency and access to government by citizens. She supports community-building initiatives, such as: youth, senior, and neighborhood services; mental illness and drug addiction support; homelessness services; and other public health initiatives to ensure that our community thrives.
Chair Hill lives in the old Southwest Reno with her husband Matthew, daughter Zora, and their dog Eleanor Roosevelt. She spends her free time appreciating Washoe County’s arts and culture scene, riding bikes, and camping on Washoe County’s public lands.
Current Board Appointments:
- Community Homeless Advisory Board - Chair
- Nevada Tahoe Conservation District Board of Supervisors
- Regional Transportation Commission - Vice-Chair
- Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority (RSCVA)
- Tahoe Prosperity Center Board of Directors - Chair
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Governing Board
- Tahoe Transportation District Board of Directors - Chair
- Tahoe Transportation Commission - Chair
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority
- Truckee North Tahoe Transportation Management Association Board
- Truckee River Flood Management Authority - Vice-Chair
- Washoe County Internal Audit Committee (Alternate)
- Washoe County Investment Committee
- Washoe County Legislative Liaison
- Western Regional Water Commission