Please read the following requirements IN FULL before submitting a Proclamation Request.
- ALL proclamation requests must be submitted via on-line form at least 30-days before and no more than 60-days before the event to allow for approval and final document production.
- Annual proclamations will not be automatically renewed. Requests must be made on an annual basis. If the request is for a repeat of a previous proclamation, a copy of that document should be included with the request.
- Proclamations should reflect inclusiveness and recognize that the strength of our democracy is our diversity. It should not take sides in matters of political, ideological, or religious controversy, or individual convictions.
- Proclamations must have countywide significance and must be on behalf of an organization. Proclamations will not be issued for individuals or in recognition of an individual.
- In the event that multiple entities request a Proclamation of the same type or similar date, a single Proclamation may be issued as a comprehensive recognition of the cause and multiple copies may be provided.
- Please note that proclamations are issued on a case-by-case basis. The Washoe County Commission reserves the right to decline any request for a proclamation, as well as the right to make exceptions to the guidelines and procedures for Proclamations.
- Please provide the required date the proclamation is needed by. Proclamations are generally issued during the middle Board of County Commissioners meeting of the month.
Not sure which district you live in? Find out here