Can the Washoe County Public Guardian help me to become guardian of a loved one or friend?

Although the Washoe County Public Guardian (WCPG) serves as guardian, by court appointment, for vulnerable adults who are unable to manage their personal and/or financial affairs, our office does not facilitate guardianships for others.  Please see "Second Judicial District Court Resource Center" under our Helpful Links section if you need assistance with applying for guardianship of a loved one.

Additionally, the Second Judicial District Court offers Guardian Training for those who may be interested in learning more about the responsibilities of a guardian.  For more information, please see "Second Judicial District Court Guardian Training" also under our Helpful Links section.