Victim Rights and Information
- Your Rights as a Survivor of Sexual Violence
- Your Rights as a Survivor of Sexual Violence (ESPANOL)
- Marsy's Law Victim's Rights Letter
- Marsy's Law OPT IN Form
- Post-conviction notifications: At the conclusion of a felony case, victims may opt in to receive notification from the prison, parole board, and the Washoe County District Attorney's Appellate Division. To sign up to receive notifications, please fill out these forms and follow the instructions on the forms for submission. It's important to remember that if your phone number and/or address changes, you will need to update your contact information with each agency to continue receiving notifications. **See links to forms below**
Virtual Hearings/Zoom Info
District Court hearings can be viewed on the Washoe Courts Website
If you believe you are entitled to restitution, please fill out a restitution request form and provide careful documentation of the costs you incurred. Please return this form to email@example.com prior to the sentencing date in the case.
Victim Impact Statement
At the time of sentencing, a victim has the right to make a statement regarding how the crime impacted them and what they would like to see in the way of sentencing. Please let an advocate know if you would like to make a statement. For more information please refer to our victim impact statement guide.
The Washoe County District Attorney's Victim/Witness Assistance Center is happy to provide information and support for victims of crime throughout the prosecution process. Victims can call our office at 775-328-3210 to speak with a victim advocate.
VOCP - In some cases, victims of crime can apply for financial assistance with medical expenses, relocation, or counseling through Nevada's Victim of Crime Program
VINE - Vine provides automated notifications when there's a change in a defendant's custody status.
TPO - For information on a Temporary Protection Order (TPO) in a situation where there's been domestic violence, please click HERE
Law Enforcement Non-Emergency Numbers
- Reno Police Department: 775-334-2121
- Sparks Police Department: 775-353-2231
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office: 775-785-9276