Registration Update Forms
If you have any questions regarding any of our Registrar of Voter forms, or do not see what you are looking for listed below, please call us at (775) 328-3670. All forms must be filled out fully and legibly in print, signed by the voter (signatures are required for all requests and changes to a voter's record) and submitted to the Washoe County Registrar of Voters office for processing.
Completed forms can be mailed, faxed, or emailed to our office.
Mailing Address: 1001 E Ninth Street, Reno, NV 89512
Fax: (775) 328-3747
If you would like to change your name or party affiliation, it will be necessary to fill out a new voter registration form. You can do so through the online voter registration system, NOVA, or through the Secretary of State's office.
Opt out of Receiving a Mail-In Ballot
If you prefer to not receive a mail-in ballot you can opt out. To opt out, you must submit a written or online form requesting that you not receive a ballot by mail for the current and all future elections.
- Click here for the written opt-out form in English.
- Click here for the written opt-out form in Spanish.
- Click here for the online requests on the Office of the Secretary of State's website who will provide us with your request.
NOTE: Registrar of Voters must receive all requests no later than 60 days before Election Day to opt-out for the next election. If the request is received after the 60 days prior to election deadline, you will still receive a ballot in the mail for the next election and your request will go into effect for the following election.
Request to Become a Confidential Voter
REQUEST TO WITHHOLD ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER FROM PUBLIC NRS 293.558 ENGLISH
SOLICITUD PARA RETENER MI DOMICILIO Y NÚMERO TELEFÓNICO DEL PÚBLICO NRS 293.558
NRS allows a voter to submit a written request asking for his/her address and/or phone number to be withheld from any list produced by the Registrar of Voter Office. Emails provided on applications are never disclosed to the public.
Change of Address
CHANGE OF ADDRESS ENGLISH- For voters currently registered in Washoe County.
CAMBIO DE DOMICILIO
- If you have moved within Washoe County, you can use this form or the online system to update your address with our office.
- If you have moved from Washoe County into another county within the State, you must complete a new voter registration application and submit it to the county clerk/registrar for the county you now reside.
- If you have moved to Washoe County from another County within Nevada, you must submit a new registration application to our office in order to be registered to vote in Washoe County.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU PLAN ACCORDINGLY SO THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RECEIVE AND RETURN YOUR BALLOT IN A TIMELY MANNER.
Cancel Voter Registration in Washoe County
CANCEL MY VOTER REGISTRATION IN WASHOE COUNTY ENGLISH
CANCELAR MI REGISTRO DE VOTANTE EN EL CONDADO DE WASHOE
You may request to have your voter registration canceled for any reason.