Military and Overseas Citizens

Military, Overseas and Traveling Citizens

Are you in the military and stationed outside the United States or a U.S. citizen living overseas?

Military personnel stationed overseas and U.S. citizens living outside the United States may vote by mail, but they must submit a Federal Post Card Application each calendar year they wish to vote. These voters may also use a Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot to simultaneously register to vote and submit their official backup ballot. Click here for the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) form.  

Completed forms can be mailed, emailed, or faxed to the Washoe County Registrar of Voters at:
• Mail: 1001 E. 9th St., Reno, NV 89512
• Email:
• Fax: (775) 328-3676

Did you know… military and overseas citizens can also use the EASE Program to vote. EASE (Effective Absentee System for Elections) is an electronic program allowing voters to submit their ballot by email, available to those with disabilities and those living overseas. This service opens 45 days prior to the election.

Learn more about voting assistance available to service members, their families, and citizens living abroad at