Carcione and Canepa Ranch Recreation Access Plan
The recreation access plan process is nearing completion. The plan, informed by stakeholder and public input (provided through surveys, meetings and individual written and oral comments), will be reviewed by the Park Commission for potential adoption at their upcoming meeting on June 7th.
- To review the draft plan that will be presented to the Park Commission, please click here.
- The public is encouraged to submit public comment to the Park Commission on the Recreation Access Plan. There are two ways to provide comments to the Park Commission:
- Attend the upcoming Park Commission meeting, which will take place on 6/7/22. The meeting agenda will be posted on the Park Commission webpage the week before the meeting. The public is able to attend these meetings in person (at the Washoe County Chambers located at 1001 E. 9th Street) or virtually via Zoom (the Zoom meeting information can be found on the agenda).
- Email your written comments to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org -- to be included as part of the meeting record, written comments must be received by 4:00 pm on 6/6/22.
For ongoing updates about the project, please email Park Planner, Sophia Kirschenman, to be added to the project email list.
Hidden Valley Master Plan Update
Washoe County, in collaboration with Stantec, is currently updating the Hidden Valley Regional Park Master Plan. The plan will be informed by stakeholder and community input and will identify the collective vision for: enhancing the user experience, maximizing public safety and site use; employing best management practices to conserve natural resources values and open space qualities; balancing community needs with the need to support the distribution of treated effluent; and improving ADA accessibility. For more info, please visit the Hidden Valley Regional Park webpage.
Ballardini Ranch to Michael D. Thompson Trailhead Connector
Ballardini Ranch to Thomas Creek Trailhead Connector
Washoe County Regional Parks is anticipating construction to begin summer 2020 on 3.5 miles of new single-track trail to finish the connection between the Ballardini Ranch Trailhead and the Thomas Creek Trailhead in south Reno. All environmental clearance work has been completed.
Ellen's Park Playground
Fuels Reduction on Arrowcreek Open Space
Riverbend Trailhead and Access Path
Other Projects Include:
- Swan Lake Dock Repairs
- Implementation of the Washoe County Integrated Vegetation Management Plan
- Implementation of the 2021 Regional Archery Facility Master Plan