Juvenile Information and Records

CONFIDENTIALITY: Juvenile Services values the confidentiality of juveniles and families in our community. Juvenile information in the State of Nevada is protected by law and can only be disclosed under specific circumstances. Additionally see NRS 62H.025.

RELEASE OF RECORDS:  Juvenile Services may release copies of juvenile court documents or other juvenile file documents without a court order. To request records, you must be at least 18 years of age to file a request. The release of some documents may require a petition to the Second Judicial District Court, Family Court Division.  Any other legitimate party of interest,18 years of age or older, may also make a request. A Petition Form and Court Order must be completed.  Please note that the Petition must be signed in the presence of a Notary, which are available at Jan Evans Juvenile Justice Center.

If you need a list of your referrals to our Department, including dates of offenses, action taken, and status of your case(s) (called a Legal History), please complete a Legal History Release Form. Please note that the Legal History Release form must be signed in the presence of a Notary.  The Director will review the request, and if is determined that the request meets legal criteria for release, the form will be signed, and the Legal History will be prepared for mail, fax or pick up.  Legal Histories are usually adequate for enlistment in the military, enrollment in certain college and educational programs, and employment. Any other legally qualified party of interest, 18 years of age or older, may also make this request per NRS 62H.025

SEALING OF RECORDS:  While you are a juvenile, your record is active and available to the Department. However, most juvenile records are confidential and cannot be accessed by others. Juvenile records are typically sealed when the juvenile reaches the age of 18, except in special limited circumstances pursuant to NRS 62H.140-62H.170.

PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST: Public records requests may be made by phone, mail, in person, or by filling out this online form.