Short Term Rentals

Updated: 01/19/2022

Click the "STR Permits" tab for information on applications / permitting


Washoe County STR
Announcements & Updates

Where are the Short Term Rentals in my area?

Check the Washoe Regional Mapping System (WRMS) for STRs near you.

You can search STR applications and permit records online. CLICK HERE to learn how to search STR records.

Insurance Info for STRs advertising on Airbnb:

airbnb logoIf you are hosting with Airbnb, they will provide a liability insurance that meets Washoe County's STR ordinance requirements. Please contact: with your name and STR property address requesting a certificate of liability insurance. Upload your insurance certificate when you submit your STR Permit online.

Please note that your Airbnb insurance policy will not cover liability when renting through another platform.

STR Permits Required for the Unincorporated Areas of Washoe County ONLY! 

Short Term Rentals are currently required to obtain permits in the unincorporated areas of Washoe County ONLY.  If your STR is within the City of Reno or the City of Sparks, you will NOT be able to obtain a permit.  Permits within the Cities' limits are not available at this time.

Click the map icon or copy and paste this link  to see if your STR location is within the unincorporated areas of Washoe County or if it is within one of the City's limits.  Areas highlighted in "orange" indicate the unincorporates areas of Washoe County.

Questions? Contact Us

Email us: 
Call us:   775-328-6100