Variance Permit

If you live in the city of Reno or Sparks or the congested areas of Washoe County, a maximum of three adult dogs over the age of four (4) months may be kept per residence. If you own (or want to own) more than three (3) dogs, you must apply for a kennel permit.

Variance Permit Application       


Exotic Animal Permit  

If you are interested in information regarding permits to keep exotic animals call the animal services office for further information at 353-8900.

Exotic Animal Application


Commercial Animal Welfare Permit

If you are a commercial animal establishment (pet store, kennel, and boarding facility), you are required to obtain an animal welfare permit from Washoe County Regional Animal Services.

Commercial Animal Welfare Permit Application