What is the difference between a dog license and the tag I get at the vet or elsewhere?

A dog license is provided by your WCRAS or your local animal control authority.  In Washoe County, WCRAS supplies dog licenses as required for all dogs over four months of ages, living in the congested areas of Washoe County. The tags that come from your vet or adoption agencies are rabies or ID tags only and are not to be confused with a license. Click here to learn more.