- About Our Office
- Where is the Medical Examiner's Office Located?
- What are Your Hours of Operation?
- How Can I Obtain a Death Certificate?
- How Can I Obtain an Autopsy or Examination Report?
- How Do I Become a Medical Examiner or Death Investigator?
- Can I Be an Intern or Shadow Medical Examiner's Office Personnel?
- Can I Tour the Medical Examiner's Office?
- How Can I Obtain the Personal Effects or Currency of a Decedent?
- Can I View My Loved One?
- What is a Medical Examiner?
- What is the Difference Between a Medical Examiner and a Coroner?
- What is Forensic Pathology?
- What is a Forensic Pathologist and What Certifications are Required?
- What is a Medicolegal Death Investigator/Technician?
- What is the Difference Between Cause of Death and Manner of Death?
- What is an Autopsy and Can My Loved One Still Have an Open-Casket Funeral?
- Under What Circumstances Will an Autopsy be Performed?
- Do I Have to Pay for the Autopsy of a Loved One?
- What is Toxicology?
- Statistical Reports
- Organ and Tissue Donation
- COVID-19 Funeral Expense Reimbursement Program
COVID-19 Funeral Expense Reimbursement Program
The Federal Government, through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), is reimbursing the cost of funeral, burial, and cremation services for people who died of COVID-19. Please note, that the Washoe County Regional Medical Examiner's Office has no part in this program and cannot provide information, assistance, or advice relating to it.
For information about the reimbursement program, click here.
To learn how to obtain a copy of a death certificate, click here.