Submit for a Permit
Even though the Washoe County Complex is closed to the public for now, we are still working to accommodate your business needs. We continue to accept new permit applications, corrections and revisions. We continue to provide plan review and inspections services, however, we have made changes to our business processes. Please read about these updates below:
- Submit for New permit: We are no longer accepting paper plans. All new permits need to be submitted via our online platform. Permit Technicians are always available M-F 8am to 4:30pm, by email or phone.
- What to expect after submitting for a permit?: After submitting for a building permit, a Permit Technician will review the application for completeness and add the fees. Please note that processing times are based on current intake volume. Once you have been notified via email that your application is complete, you will be able to pay the fees that have been invoiced.
- Payment: Payments are accepted online via your account once a Permit Technician has invoiced fees. We accept credit card and e-check payments for all permit types. A Permit Technician can schedule for a physical check drop off, but can no longer take payment over the phone.
- Online Platform: http://www.onenv.us
- Instructions: Create Account / Submit online
- Video Instructions: Washoe Building Permit Tutorial
- Residential Applications and Handouts
- Commercial Application and Handouts
- Submit Corrections: Permits that have been submitted using our online platform, will need to upload the complete set of plans with the corrected sheets. You will also need to upload the response letter, which will need to be its own document. Please notify either the Permit Technician you have been working with or notify email@example.com once documents have been uploaded.
- Submit Revision: We are accepting revisions to all plans through our online platform. If you haven't used our online platform before, please follow the instruction listed above, under "Instructions". You will also need to notify a permit technician at firstname.lastname@example.org that you have created an account. A permit technician will link the permit record to your account. Once you are linked to the permit record please follow the directions below.
- Log onto your account
- Click on the permit number you would like to submit a revision
- Select the drop down box labeled record info, then attachments
- Upload documents
- Email us at email@example.com to notify us that you have uploaded Revisions.
- Pay fees: You can now pay all fees online. If no fees are listed as due please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Issuing of plans: All approved plans are available via your online account. We do not provide paper copies for plans that have been submitted using our online platform. *Approved plans with WC stamps need to be on site during construction.
- Inspections: We are currently conducting inspections as usual. We request permit holders, contractors or superintendents meet our inspectors immediately upon arrival with a set of approved plans. Please maintain social distancing and OSHA protocols towards our inspectors.